David A. Wilford is a founding partner of Wilford Conrad LLP. Mr. Wilford’s practice is dedicated to the handling and, if necessary, litigation of complex commercial disputes with an emphasis on disputes involving insurance and reinsurance. For almost 25 years, Mr. Wilford has regularly served as lead counsel for domestic and international insurers in complex insurance and reinsurance matters throughout the United States and Canada involving securities fraud, trademark infringement, product liability, construction defect, employment discrimination, legal malpractice and other professional liability matters. In addition, Mr. Wilford has represented insurers under commercial crime policies/bonds in connection with some of the largest financial fraud claims ever asserted in the United States.
Mr. Wilford also has extensive commercial litigation experience as he regularly represents corporate and individual clients including the defense of an international insurance broker in malpractice litigation related to purported failure of a multi-million-dollar insurance program and the successful representation of a national golf equipment manufacturer in the prosecution of patent infringement and breach of non-competition agreement claims against a rival manufacturer.
Mr. Wilford is frequently retained to review contract wordings for various professional liability insurers and crime insurers and to provide internal seminars on claims handling, litigation and current trends for his insurance clientele.
Professional or Trade Affiliation
- Defense Research Institute (“DRI”) – Past Membership Chairman – Professional Liability Section
- Professional Liability Underwriting Society
- Midwest Steering Committee Member
2015-2017 – Midwest Steering Committee – Vice-Chair
2014-2015 – Midwest Steering Committee – Secretary
2012 – Fall Cyber Liability Seminar – Co-Chair
- Illinois State Bar Association – Insurance Law Committee Member
- Past Co-Editor – The Policy Newsletter
- The Chicago Bar Association – Financial Institutions Committee Member
- Insurance Law Committee Member
- Claims & Litigation Management Alliance (“CLM”)